Google

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cheating

Last week I was watching the infamous show "cheaters" in which a camera crew spies on a spouse and finds out if he/she is cheating on their respective spouses. I find it stupid but I didn’t have anything to do and that is why I started watching it. As they say, a train wreck is always endearing and you will definitely keep watching it. So I kept watching it and it made me thinking about people who cheat. Why do people cheat? I am not only talking about cheating on your partner. I also mean why people cheat on exams, in reality shows, in relationships, at work or in any field of life.
A friend of mine told me last week that she had found out that her ex-boyfriend was cheating on her while they were going around. Now that she had broken off the relationship, it did not matter but she was seriously hurt by the betrayal. I was shocked too as they always had a very frank and open relationship. It didn’t make any sense to me. Why do people portray to be someone they really are not?
I was also watching another serial on a Hindi channel last week, called Rock and Roll Family. It is supposed to be a dance show which should include three generations of a family and they are supposed to be competing. It just so happened that two families were not really "families". They were cheating and therefore were put in a fix. I could not fathom the fact that someone could really lie about being a part of a family. You just make a family if you don’t like your own. This was a competition in which people could have chosen, not to participate. They were not required or forced to participate. I feel that if you cheat you lose a part of your own soul. You are not only cheating others but you start cheating yourself. Try and be honest, it might hurt you initially but it will be easy in the long run.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home