Google

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dove or Hawk?

In my last post (which was long back) I had written about my views on Freedom...I thought more on this topic and decided to pen down something about the different versions of Freedom...I started looking for people who had different takes on freedom and this search ended today. I was talking to a friend of mine, who is an ardent fan of Subhash Chandra Bose and does not like Mahatma Gandhi at all....this made me think more about Freedom and the fact that both these great leaders were fighting for Indian Freedom, but in a very very different way.
Last year I saw the movie based on the life of Subhash Chadra Bose and really appreciated his efforts and his ideology. I was further influenced by the movie Bhagat Singh where it was shown that Mahatma Gandhi did not actually stand up for the freedom but coerced Britishers into accepting his demands. I am not an expert on any history facts but let us agree that history is a story agreed upon by different people. I appreciate Bapu for being a person who had no ulterior motives and no personal gain agenda’s for himself in the freedom struggle but I don't completely agree with his ideology and his methods. I am a very action-oriented person and believe in acting upon my thoughts. If we keep thinking and don't do anything about it them it will surely make no sense to have a good idea. I appreciate Subhash Chandra Bose for his thinking and his efforts to connect India to the rest of the world and get support from other countries.
This year I was contrarily influenced by Lage Raho Munna Bhai. It was a lovely movie and it showed the brighter side of Gandhian thinking or Gandhigiri as we know it now. Maybe the beliefs and preachings of Bapu were not apt for Indian Freedom Struggle but it would be excellent to adopt these preachings in our daily lives and create a better society.
Was freedom only about freeing us from Britishers or was it freeing us from all evils of the society at that time, like, sati pratha, widow remarriage, woman education, etc. This debate might on for ever but I must say that there are so many people who have contributed to the Indian freedom struggle and I would like salute to all of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home